My sweet blogging buddy, Columbia Lily, sent me an email this week asking where I've gone! I have been working A LOT this month in my day job, having travelled to 4 different cities. I've missed you all, though I've been trying to keep up with your blogs and leaving the occasional comment. Fun stuff coming up for my sewing, now that I have two weeks off: a girls' outfit I am donating to a preschool silent auction fundraiser, and a couple of new, cool patterns.
For the time being, Becky over at Sew-and-So tagged me with a 7 random things meme, so here goes:
1. For most of my 20's, I could not adjust the volume on any TV to an odd number. Even if the volume was best at a 5, I would click to a 4 and strain my ears or to a 6 and deal with the extra volume. One day it just stopped bothering me!
2. My fabric choices (and also my clothing choices) are first and foremost tactile-driven. If I don't like the way it feels, I walk away. Even if it's synthetic but feels nice, I'm OK (hello, rayon!).
3. I love spas but haven't gotten a mani or pedi in at least 5 years. One manicure resulted in sore fingertips for a week, and one pedi resulted in an ingrown toenail. Motivated me to handle those myself.
4. The smell of raisin bran makes me want to vomit.
5. When I was 17, my favorite phrase was, "What's up, chicken butt?"
6. During my entire 13 years having a traditional job (where someone kept track of my attendance), I never called in sick. Not one single sick day in 13 years. Probably should have stayed home a couple times, but overall my immune system before I had a child was bulletproof. Now? Not so much, but still good.
7. The first album I ever purchased was Phil Collins' No Jacket Required. Several songs from this album were played over and over, in between sessions at a conference I attended a few weeks ago. :)
Now I tag seven people? Go for it if you like, don't if you don't (or if you already have)! :
* Tina from Glam.Spoon
* Kyle from Vacuuming the Lawn
* Dana from MADE
* Mica from Sewnista in the Making
* Sarah from Sewer-Sewist
* Columbia Lily (I know your last name but not your first! On purpose?)
* Lopi from Fashion Architect