I'm not home yet from my current trip but I have a refashion to share from a couple of weeks ago. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for smocks, and when I got my hands on this red corduroy men's dress shirt, I thought it would make a perfect holiday smock.
This is smaller than the typical men's shirt I look for -- it was a men's size Large -- but it was plenty wide for this smock. I used the BurdaStyle Ellinor pattern, which is the same pattern I modified to make a jacket earlier this year. Pattern-wise, I used the 36 and moved the bust dart, then took an inch from center front and an inch from center back. I left off the sleeves and bound the sleeve holes and neckline. The front of the shirt went to the back and vice-versa. Oh! And I added a little front ruffle.
I could have cut off the shirt placket from center back, but decided to keep it and embellish the buttonholes with zig-zag-stitched fauxflakes (as in fake embroidered snowflakes).
BTW, I am torn about using the form for pictures. I get to take much better pictures of the details, and it's easier for me to capture the essence of the garment when it's hanging on the form. But I think there's a bit more personality when it's on a live human being. So I'm working on taking better photos, both as a photographer and as a model. I wish I could hire this gal to give me some modeling lessons.