Do you love this crazy look on my face? I didn't crop it out because it's honest, LOL! I was half puzzled and a little impatient with my new camera remote, and of course this crazy face picture gave the clearest shot of the dress.
I dyed the BurdaStyle Danielle dress I sewed last week. Sarah from Sewer-Sewist suggested Jacquard brand dye, remembering it might not require hot water and therefore wouldn't shrink my already-snug new dress. Thanks for the suggestion -- according to Jacquard's site, it requires hot water. As a thumbs-up sign from the universe, I had on hand some Dylon dye in Sunflower Yellow, and it turns out that it uses just warm water. So I went for it! The color came out exactly like the color swatch on the package, and although it's darker than I wanted it to be, I do like it. After the dye job, I washed the dress in cold water as instructed, and air dried it. It shrunk a bit from this process. (BTW, Elizabeth: I also considered dying this dress a deep, rich plum but happened to have the yellow readily available. Maybe I can dye something plum before our month of cold comes and goes!)
I picked up some lovely rayon lace last weekend and sewed it onto the empire band -- this dress has sweet and simple lines but I wanted to add a touch of frou-frou. I like how this turned out, too! The heavy muslin is wrinkle-prone (and not very soft, unfortunately), so I pressed it with a steam iron. This may very well be the first time I've made a garment for myself that is too tight across the bust and fits fine everywhere else, LOL!