Actually, let's do the giveaway announcement first: Novita at Sew I Do is hosting a giveaway of a really fun, bright bag to celebrate the opening of her Etsy shop. The deadline to enter is July 4 so head on over if you'd like to check it out.
I have four blog awards to share that have come in over the past month! The first came from Melissa at Moonshine and Piffle, about a month ago. I recall reading about the award mere days before our long trip and letting Melissa know it might take me a while to pass it along, but that I was grateful for her acknowledgement and I would. Well, I went to her blog yesterday to read the rules, etc. and, inexplicably, I kept getting referred to a domain placeholder web page. For those of you who have not been to Melissa's blog before, she is an amazing photographer. Her blog is just a thing of beauty. She herself is adorable and so is her writing style. And if that's not enough, she recently returned from a long-awaited, much-deserved trip to Paris, photos and all. If you can see her blog just fine, please let me know. Otherwise, my dear Melissa, if you are reading this, something's up with your fine blog. Please keep us fans and followers posted. xo
The One Lovely Blog Award from Lulu at Gus & Lulu:
A One Lovely Blog Award from Meg at Elsie Marley, though this award looks different:
The Honest Scrap Award from Catherine G:
The two Lovely Blog Awards have different rules but the same intent, which is to share lovely blogs which are new to me. I'm always in awe of the many, many beautiful blogs in the world that I just find out about, but it's never a secret because I add them to my blog list in the sidebar.
The Honest Scrap Award is one I'd not seen before and sounds fun, but involves a game of truth or dare but without the dare. Ten things. Let's see...
- Austin is great but I am having escapist fantasies of moving to a cooler climate.
- I eat really healthy meals and really awful, junky snacks and desserts. I like to think it all balances out in the end, but fear a two-inch layer of fat surrounds my heart.
- I love black clothes.
- My son's and my favorite TV show to watch together is So You Think You Can Dance.
- I will easily drop $6 for a plastic toy to put on the shelf, but have a real problem paying $6 for parking. It's the principle...
- I adore the whole Japanese street culture thing, even though I'm prob. way too old for it.
- I work on aging gracefully, i.e. accepting that I am not meant to eat such spicy and acidic food anymore because of the acid reflux and heartburn.
- Most of the time I think I'm 6 feet tall and a big bear of a woman, and I often act like it.
- Sometimes I dream of eating meat again. The desire doesn't feel the same in real life.
- I'm terrified of the teeth-falling-out phase of my son's childhood.
I'm to pass on the award to 7 other bloggers but I'll pass it on to anyone reading who wants to fess up! I'll read your blog confessional. Tell us the honest truth. I dare you.